Be the first to attend this event.
Matt’s Boil-down Pasta/Ragu (or, what Hillary calls “the reason why I date you.”)
½ lb. pancetta (or slightly less)
1 yellow onion
1 clove garlic
One carton of Beef Broth
Crushed red pepper
Rigatoni or Penne
• In a wok (or large pot), sauté pancetta with a little olive oil until slightly brown. Remove
pancetta and place to the side, while keeping the oil in pan.
• Sauté diced onions in wok until translucent.
• Add Garlic
• Add anchovy paste (generously).
• Add Diced Mushrooms and fry together until mix is dry-ish
• Add wine (or Vodka, or something alcohol-ish) and sauté together for a bit.
• Now add Tomato paste, and stir in. Mix will become thick quickly, so add broth to dilute,
while stirring in paste.
• Add the rest of the broth and the crushed pepper (to make as spicy as youwant), and bring
to a boil. (It is also appropriate to add oregano or Italian green spices here)
• Turn down heat, retaining boil. Let broth reduce for approximately 45 min, stirring
• Toward the end, the broth thickens and the taste changes radically (approaching excellence).
When it is ready, add a cup of cream to thicken/orange-en even more (achieving excellence).
• In a separate pot boil pasta.
• When ready, mix pasta and sauce in wok, adding pancetta, basil, and maybe cheese or
chopped capers (if it needs to be saltier).