Be the first to attend this event.
Vegan / Paleo Cauliflower "Rice"
1 head of cauliflower
2 delicata squash (or 1 butternut squash)
1 bunch of kale
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup raisins
4 cloves garlic
1" fresh ginger
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp fenugreek
salt & pepper
2 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs olive oil
1 bunch of cilantro
1. First you'll want to roast your squash. Preheat your oven to 425F. Slice or dice your winter squash and in a large bowl toss the squash with 1 tbs of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Spread evenly over a baking pan and let it roast for 40-50 minutes (until it can easily be speared with a fork).
2. In the bowl of a food processor using your S blade mince the garlic cloves and ginger. Removethe garlic and ginger, set aside.
3. Now dice your onion - you can do this in the same food processor.
4. Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pan (I use my wok). Throw your onions, almonds and raisins together.
5. In the meantime, mix all your spices together, including the ginger and garlic. Once the onions are translucent in the wok shove everythingto one side of the wok. Heat another tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan – once melted throw all your spices on that patch of oil. In about 30 seconds, or once the spices become fragrant, mix everything together.
6. Wash your cauliflower and cut the florets off the stem. (If you're ever confused on how to cut or prep a certain veggie do a video search for it online.Jeremy and I are constantly learning new tricks on how to efficiently prep& cook by doing this). In the bowl of your food processor pulse the cauliflower until it has the consistency of rice. You may need to do this in two batches.
7. Add the cauliflower to the pan or wok and stir until the onion / spice mixture is thoroughly incorporated into the cauliflower. Stir occasionally (like once a minute). At this point you can add a splash of balsamic vinegar if you dig it.
8. This is a good time to wash and dry your kale. You can remove the leaves from the stems and rip or chop the leaves into smaller bit sized pieces. But don't add it to the pan too soon!
9. After the cauliflower has been cooking for about 5 minutes add the roasted squash to the mix. And just before everything is good to go add your kale. You'll need to add bits at a time until it's wilted enough to all fit.
10. Wash and chop your cilantro. In a small bowl squeeze your limes on to thecilantro. Stir and incorporate it into your cauliflower "rice".
Serves 6-8 as a side, or 4 as a main course.